5 Childhood Cars You Loved
Let’s play a game of “Way Back When”
It’s always baffled me how something so simple can really trigger memories of the “good ‘ol days”. There are so many sounds and sights that are quick to turn on the nostalgia switch and send you right on a cruise down memory lane.
While thinking about a post for this week’s blog, it hit me. Why not pick 5 vehicles that excited you or captured your attention when you were a kid? So, I did! And here are the one’s I remember the most (in no particular order):
5. The Bookmobile – YES! Who didn’t love to see this mini library on wheels parked outside of the school when you arrived or went out for recess? There was nothing like it. Shelf upon shelf of cool books browse and check out. And if you were REALLY lucky, there would sometimes be a storyteller aboard ready to read you a tale or two.
4. The Ice Cream Truck – Ah yes, a staple of the summertime. That all too familiar DING! DING! that you hear from a distance meant one thing. You only had a few minutes to run and get some money from mom because the frozen treat mobile was ON THE WAY!
3. The Field Trip Bus – Remember waiting anxiously for this? No sooner that you step off of your school bus, you were ready to climb aboard the field trip bus, which was likely headed to the local museum or zoo. What was better than the field trip bus arriving? Teasing the other kids that have to stay at school!
2. Cool TV/Movie Cars – Oh yea…I went there. These silver screen beauties where always guaranteed to get your attention. The DeLorean of the Back To The Future movies and the Batmobile of the Batman comics and movies where definitely toy collectors items, but seeing one in person…amazing!
1. The Classic Car – As happy as sighting one of the above cars would make you feel, there was nothing like being in the presence of a classic car. They just have a certain “something” that commands respect and attention. Shown is a 1971 GMC Spirit.
If at least one of these didn’t bring back a good memory, I don’t know WHAT to tell ya! Understand, these are just a few that crossed my mind, but there are SO many more. Can you think of any? Leave us a comment below or Facebook or @FuszBuickGMC.